- December 14, 2018
- Posted by: Professor Penelope Presto
- Category: Books and reading
The Kids will love Storytime in our magical Alchemy Classroom. And, while they’re transfixed by Harry Potter, you can have some ‘me’ time or do your Christmas shopping in peace and in secret.
Genevieve Jacobs and Tim Gavel (both former ABC journalists) are
among those will lend their hand at story-telling with books including Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
Nearly Legless Mick, a Paralympic champion in his non-magical life and owner of Quizzic Alley, is also trying his hand at a bit of story-telling.
“So many parents come up to the counter, gifts secreted away under their shirts frantically whispering ‘Quick – put these in a bag before she sees them’. It can be tough to organise time away from the kids to do the Christmas shopping so we thought we’d make it a little easier.
Storytime fits well with the ethos of our shop: we want kids to read and story-telling is a great way to inspire them.Nearly Legless Mick
- Genevieve Jacobs reads Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,4pm Tuesday 17 December
- Bewitched Bernadette reads The Tales of Beedle the Bard, 4pm Wednesday 19 December
- Tim Gavel (former ABC journalist and sport wizard) reads Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 4pm Thursday 20 December
- Nearly Legless Mick reads The Tales of Beedle the Bard, 3pm Saturday 22 December
- Professor Penelope Presto reads The Tales of Beedle the Bard, 3pm Sunday 23 December
- Nearly Legless Mick reads Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, 5pm Monday 24 December (Christmas Eve)
A gold coin donation per child will help to raise much-needed funds for the Cerebral Palsy Alliance ACT.